I have accepted the 2018 Coffeeneuring Challenge.
In the past, I thought the challenge was silly, but then I realized that enjoying a post-ride coffee is an integral part of all my rides. I have my favourite cafes, but there are just as many I have wanted to try.
So, I’m going to give it a try, but with a few personal twists –
- The ride must be 30 kilometres or more.
- I’ll do the rides each and every Wednesday for 7 consecutive weeks, rain or shine. By stipulating a specific day of the week, I am likely to encounter a variety of weather conditions, not simply wait for a fair weather day. And, this way I am less likely to forget to do it.
- I’ll search out only local cafes that roast and blend their own coffees.
- I’ll try a different style of coffee each week. I usually only drink black drip coffee but will try Americanoe, espresso, “a shot in the dark”, and even seasonal lattes.
- And, I’ll record the coffee stop with my iPhone and post it immediately before leaving.
I have made the challenge a weekly adventure that will take me out the back door onto familiar and new routes – Horseshoe Bay, Steveston, Deep Cove, Stanley Park, Cambie Village, Commercial Drive (The Drive) … The intent is to discover some new routes, prepare myself for winter cycling, and learn more about coffee.
Do you want to join me 🚴🏼 ☕️ ?