I have accepted the 2018 Coffeeneuring Challenge.
In the past, I thought the challenge was silly, but then I realized that enjoying a post-ride coffee is an integral part of all my rides. I have my favourite cafes, but there are just as many I have wanted to try.
So, I’m going to give it a try, but with a few personal twists –
- The ride must be 30 kilometres or more.
- I’ll do the rides each and every Wednesday for 7 consecutive weeks, rain or shine. By stipulating a specific day of the week, I am likely to encounter a variety of weather conditions, not simply wait for a fair weather day. And, this way I am less likely to forget to do it.
- I’ll search out only local cafes that roast and blend their own coffees.
- I’ll try a different style of coffee each week. I usually only drink black drip coffee but will try Americanoe, espresso, “a shot in the dark”, and even seasonal lattes.
- And, I’ll record the coffee stop with my iPhone and post it immediately before leaving.
I have made the challenge a weekly adventure that will take me out the back door onto familiar and new routes – Horseshoe Bay, Steveston, Deep Cove, Stanley Park, Cambie Village, Commercial Drive (The Drive) … The intent is to discover some new routes, prepare myself for winter cycling, and learn more about coffee.
Do you want to join me 🚴🏼 ☕️ ?
Great post. I would love to join you in this challenge, but with some edits, if you agree. Since tea is more popular here in India among street food, I would prefer tea. For me, 30-kilometer rides are a thing of the weekends. On working days, my commuting distance is limited to 12km only, so for me, this effort would be on weekends, preferably on Sundays. I am not sure if we need to target the same distance every week. Is it possible to increase the distance gradually?
Hi Manu. Pleased to have you along for the ride. Tea is fine. Distance is a personal thing. Check out the “rules” with the link above.
I am doing it for the 1st time. In fact, I mis read the start date and submitted my 1st coffeeneuring post 10 days ago!🙄