I’m in the midst of a taper. Tom here sums up the process pretty well, and recommends a 2 week taper. These are his recommendations.
- Reduce training session duration.
- Maintain session frequency.
- Maintain training intensity.
- Eliminate cross-training.
- Polarize training sessions – make easy training sessions easier, and harder ones even harder.
This is similar to my current plan except I don’t cross-train, unless you consider walking as cross-training, and I hadn’t considered polarizing my training sessions but this makes sense.
Thanks Tom 😂