The Shimano Ultegra 6700 Gruppo has arrived.
In the end, I decided to purchase all of the new components for the Roberts re-build online. It wasn’t an easy decision. I like to support the local bike shops. However, I quickly learned there were more options online and a significant difference in price. I saved over $500 on the group alone.
This has been an interesting project and it is still not complete. I have a few minor items to source but I am ready for the re-build. I first built up the Roberts frame over 30 years ago before my son was born. He is 30 now, a much stronger rider than me and, admittedly, a better mechanic. I am looking forward to re-building the bike with him. This is a team effort. He helped every step of the way. Design. Sourcing parts. The build. And, I suspect, with the riding as well.
The project continues!
In case you have not been following the project, I have included references to previous posts below.
- Bars, stem and seaport – https://pedalworks.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/parts-for-the-roberts-1/
- Possible parts to consider – https://pedalworks.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/selecting-components-for-my-c-1980-roberts/
- Options considered – https://pedalworks.wordpress.com/2013/10/26/selecting-components-for-the-roberts/
- Cold setting the Roberts frame – https://pedalworks.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/cold-setting-the-roberts-frame/
- The Roberts frame stripped down – https://pedalworks.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/c-1980-roberts-handbuilt-frame/