Content marketing is the art of converting thought leadership and subject matter into materials that can be published, promoted and shared. Did you know that over 90% of prospects find custom content useful, that over 70% of people prefer getting information about an organization from articles rather than advertisements and, that over 60% of people are more likely to purchase from a company that delivers custom, relevant content to them? (Source: Custom Content Council)
Here are 10 reasons why you need content marketing.
- It is an excellent lead generation strategy.
- It generates leads at 61% less cost than traditional methods.
- It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- It establishes you as a thought leader.
- It builds client loyalty and retention.
- It is focused on your niche market.
- It improves search engine rankings.
- It positions you as a trusted advisor.
- It supports different messaging at different stages of the buying cycle.
- It helps you build your brand.
LinkedIn is the perfect vehicle to deliver content. Add a blog to your Profile, share articles from your website and discuss relevant material with your user groups.